San Diego State’s Fitness Department Internship Program Partners With TruSelf Sporting Club
San Diego State’s Fitness Department Internship Program Partners With TruSelf Sporting Club. TruSelf Sporting Club’s San Diego Gym located at 5125 Waring Road, just five minutes away from San Diego State’s University. We are extremely pleased and excited to be grooming and developing the future:
- Athletic Trainers
- Sports Physicians
- Physical Therapists
- Personal Trainers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Medical Assistants
- Sports Medicine Aids
- Sports and Fitness Nutritionists
- Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Sports Psychologist
- Sports Performance Management Specialists
TruSelf Sporting Club’s Interns Can Expect:
- Hands-on Practical work experience
- A structured work experience related to a student’s major and/or career goal
- An experience that will enhance a student’s academic, career, and personal development
- Supervised by a professional in the field
- An experience that is mutually agreed upon by San Diego State’s Fitness Department
- Meets registration requirements for credit hours or academic internship courses
Benefits of an TruSelf Sporting Club Internship Program
-Students planning to enter the permanent work force should complement their academic preparation with a range of other experiences, such as study abroad, community service, undergraduate research experiences, participation in sports and other student organizations, membership in pre-professional organizations, and internships.
-An internship program offers you the chance to learn by doing in a setting where you are supervised by a work-place professional, and have the opportunity to achieve your own learning goals, without the responsibilities of being a permanent employee.
-An internship program also offers you the opportunity to work with someone who can become a mentor for you and provide you with precise steps and hands on education.