Massage Therapist and Personal Trainer Sarah Johnson
Sarah is originally from Kansas City, Missouri and moved to San Diego in 2017 after spending the last 11 years on the South East coast. She has always had a passion for health, fitness, and just being active. Her love for exercise and fitness began in high school with running track, playing soccer, and dance. Ever since she began her fitness career in 2004 as a spin instructor, she knew she wanted to do more within the field. She then sought out to become a fitness trainer, yoga instructor, and massage therapist.
She has spent the last 15 years studying anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology. Her extensive understanding of how the body works allows her to help clients reduce chronic pain, improve their performance, restore their range of motion, and to just overall feel better and lead healthier lives.
Sarah received a cancer diagnosis at only 34yrs old, putting her health at the forefront of her life. Being a thyroid cancer survivor, she can empathize with ‘starting over’ with fitness and health. She understands setbacks and will always be on your side to coach you to reach your best and balanced fitness goals.
Sarah Johnson is also one of our Massage Therapists and Group Exercise Class Instructors.
Certifications & Education:
- B.S. Business Administration, The Citadel
- Corrective Exercise Specialist, National Academy of Sports
- Certified Personal Trainer, Athletics and Fitness Association of
- Licensed Massage Therapist, California Massage Therapy Council
- RYT 200 Hour Yoga Instructor
- RYT Certified Yin Yoga Instructor
- Certified MadDog Cycling Instructor
- Certified TRX Instructor
- CPR/AED Certified, Red Cross